Friday, April 18, 2008

Spaghetti with Parsley Sauce

I first tried this recipe over 20 years ago. My son loves it and frequently requests it, as he did when he called me last night, "Hi Mom, can I come over to dinner tomorrow? Can you please make the green spaghetti?"

It's not exactly figure friendly, and it doesn't keep, but it's very tasty and very filling. The recipe calls for one big clove of garlic. If you use two, the garlic is overpowering. The sauce is basically uncooked, so it's pretty potent. But we love it.


Spaghetti with Parsley Sauce

1 1/2 cups firmly packed parsley
1 large clove garlic
2 hard boiled egg yolks
2 scallions, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 cup chopped red pepper
1/2 pound cooked spaghetti

In a food processor, puree the parsley, garlic, egg yolks, scallion, walnuts, butter. With motor running, add oil in a thin stream.

Transfer to heated bowl. Stir in parmesan.

Toss with spaghetti, top with chopped red peppers.

Serves 4


from Gourmet Magazine

5 comments:

DK & The Fluffies said...

Drool... *thud*

Sophia - That's the first time we've ever seen DKM pass out.

Nevis said...

That looks delicious..but I'm not sure about the uncooked eggs. For the same reason I've never been able to make myself eat Spagetti Carbonara.

Millie said...

Nevis, the egg yolks are from hard boiled, or hard cooked eggs. They aren't raw in any way.

Quasi said...

That would probably taste even better with a dollop of cat food on top. Can you substitute catnip for the parsley? I’d like to tell you that my hilariously funny book, The World Is Your Litter Box, is in bookstores now and is also available on Amazon. The book is cleverly disguised as a cute cat book so humans will buy it, but is, in fact, a how-to manual FOR cats. Check it out on my website, www.theworldisyourlitterbox.com.

Anonymous said...

Less the egg yolks it is like a Pesto, I am gathering that you use the egg yolks for the creaminess?
I do the same kind of thing with coriander, because I just love it, But for the creamy texture I used Evaporated light milk.. easier on my fattiness! ;)